Do you have a Knack for Writing?
Local Scoop invites you to be our Featured Writer!
Are you a housewife, a traveller, a student or someone who wants to talk about their life? Writing does not require an education or a test to pass! It is a reciprocation of feelings from words that travel into the hearts of people. The best writers that the world ever has witnessed were people for whom writing was merely a hobby that turned into a passion and then a source of their livelihood.
Playing with words, spicing it up with fiction, adding the gist of imagination or something that is a reality of your life is that start, a kick that will help you connect with the audience. Write not to impress, but write because you like it! Share your childhood story, an experience you had with a stranger, a friend you made when you were waiting at the airport, a blessing in disguise, when you met your perfect someone and much more. It all starts with you!
There are not enough resources to impart education as opening schools in the remote areas of our Nation is still a challenge. If you are an educationalist, a Freelancer or a travel blogger, we provide a platform where you can share and educate people around. There is no better way to contribute to the betterment of society other than imparting education. Internet is a boon and is available to places where opening a school is yet a dream.
Words have a way of making a place in our hearts. Your article may help someone fight for their lives. It can help someone overcome depression or survive in the toughest of times. How words can channelize a fresh flow of energy, we can never know but, it psychologists say that pictures, writings, positive quotes help to cope up with life problems and bring massive changes for the betterment in lifestyle. The concept is known as Priming and, it has helped many people to fight and rise back again in life.
So are you ready to contribute to the world with the magic of your words?
There are few guidelines that you need to take care while becoming a write at Scoop. We encourage writers who have a positive mindset and believe in representing factual information. Do know that your article is going to be read by thousands of people and it has to be something out of the ordinary or else if there is ambiguous information then we are afraid that the article may not surpass the initial stage.
Help for the Writers!
If you are new, do not worry! We have prepared a set of guidelines for you to follow:
- Title! A title represents what the article is all about. It is significant that you choose a title that explains well about the matter. Be sharp and caption it well!
- Headings, Sub Headings and Paragraphs should be segregated well. Make sure that each subheading is meaningful and the paragraphs are well aligned.
- Use of idioms, phrases, images and quotes are the ornaments of an article. Use it to highlight a thought-process to brighten the ideology behind. You can also add links as references for the readers. Outsource or third party links or from your blogs is welcomed as well. Only one link per article is allowed!
- Do not jibber-jabber! Uncertainties will make the article sound monotonous and will lose the very essence. Always make use of certainty of what you are trying to indicate or reveal to the audience.
- Avoid grammatical mistakes! Titles and Subheading should be distinct. Follow basic grammar rules like ensuring capital letters, punctuations, use of rackets, italics font etc.
- Conclude with a happy note! A moral, a statement of value, an impression that one gets is how you end the article.
Technicalities to take care while writing!
For your article to reach the vast audience around the world, there are some technical aspects that one has to take care of while writing.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a prerequisite. For the article to rank better on the Search Engines, one has to take into account the SEO rules. Before writing, make a keyword search that suits the topic of your article. For help read: https://yoast.com/complete-guide-seo-copywriting/
Plagiarism Proof! Articles that are from other sources or copied are unacceptable. We do not want our readers to get spam. You can run through plagiarism software that is available online before submitting us your article. You can check on https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/
Word Requirements! The minimum word limit for an article is 700 words and, there should be Meta Title and Description separately for the article you write. For your help, check out: https://yoast.com/meta-descriptions/
No Sensitive or Offensive Language! An article that is an attack on a person, a nation or is appropriate to the best of our knowledge will be rejected. Do not go overboard with your article in writing user sensitive or offensive language.
Topics that we are hunting currently!
To get your article approved quickly, we are looking for writers to submit informative articles that talk about the below three categories:
Health & gym
This section is regularly updated! Keep coming back to get the latest information.
We are always available for your help! So hit us up anytime by contacting us on our page. We look forward to answering all your queries. Let’s start the happy acquaintance and turn it into an endearing bond between Local Scoop and You for years and years to come!