Chandigarh is full of delights! Hot paranthas on a Sunday morning, decadent chocolate brownies at the Barista Lavazza and the musical fountain to enjoy the evenings adds so much to one’s experience.
So here is what you should not miss if you happen to be in Chandigarh:
- Rose Festival! If you happen to visit in February-March season, it is when the flowers are in full bloom and every year in Chandigarh, Rose Festival is a major event and a National Festival of India. Rose Garden is located in Sector 16 and is home to 16000 species of Roses today. You will be smeared in the different scents of these roses and is a wonderful place to get a pre-wedding photoshoot as Rose is the perfect symbol of love.
- Nek Chand Rock Garden is another place to visit especially if you have a thing for art and culture. Nek Chand was a government official who secretly created this Garden from recyclable items on a prohibited land. When this place caught the eyes of the officials it was on the verge of demolition until Ms. Randhawa, the first Chief Commissioner of Chandigarh was wonder-struck by the creativity and debated in favor of keeping the garden and opening for the residents to enjoy their evenings at. It is located in Sector 1 and it one of the tourist attractions of “the city beautiful”.
- Leisure Valley a long trail of gardens one after the other in a linear pattern stretching from Sector 1 to Sector 53, was the idea of Le’Corbusier. He wanted to construct a city so perfect that it has every element of nature involved with the lives of the residents. Leisure Valley includes The Garden of Fragrances, Japanese Garden, Terraced Garden, Rose Garden and more. There are some 12 parks and each connects with one another which is why is called a valley.
How can you not enjoy the hip and happening nightlife of Chandigarh, There are stand up comedy shows every Saturdays at various places in Chandigarh, one of them includes the Whistling Duck. Another amazing place to hang out is at the pub FLYP@MTV where there is live music, good food, stand up comedy shows and a great place to party at. But, out of all the partying place of Chandigarh, there is something about The Back Room which makes the place more real and way from much of the drama. Usually, young talent is seen performing here and is a friendly place for both alcoholic and non-alcoholic people. One can chill and relax, enjoy the music and the food is superbly delicious. Chandigarh is full of places where you can party all night, have a good time with friends or go out on dates etc. So, must explore the nightlife, if you are single maybe you will find that perfect someone.
Go on a Shopping Spree!
- Sector 17 is the heart of Chandigarh and is known for its reasonable shopping prices. All sorts of shops are here for clothing, jewelry, handicrafts, footwear etc.
- Sector 22, Shastri Market popular for clothing alone and the prices will really shock you as the bargain here is unmatched for. It’s a good place to take a souvenir and with just a few thousand bucks you can buy something for everybody back home.
- Sector 34, Furniture Market for some good and cheap furniture items, Sector 19 Palika Bazar for trendy jewelry, bangles, traditional clothing etc. are other places to shop for.
- Elante Mall where every brand exists! If shopping for brands is your thing then do not miss out on Elante, and also here you can indulge in some other playful and fun activities too like for bowling there is PVR BluO, good food, spas and saunas etc.